Angry Birds Star Wars 2 – Guide, Hints And Tricks
The Angry Birds Stars Wars sequel is even better still beautiful even grander than anything that has appeared before. Rovio, the studio worked hard to make it even better. For the first time you can play the good and the dark side of the Force in the form of pigs and the roles of Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine and others you can choose. Which side of the force will you play? Expect beautiful tasks with over 30 different characters (such as Yoda, Anakin , Mace Windu , Jango Fett , etc…) some times easier sometimes harder to solve.
Here are a few Angry Birds Star Wars 2 hints and tricks that might help you.
– In the main menu you can choose between Toons.TV (There you have access to the various channels of the Angry Bird cartoons) and the play button. When you tap the play button you get a list where you can select the chapter. It starts with Chapter 1 “Naboo Invasion” with the following Chapter 2 “Escape to Tatooine” (the second one will only be activated, when you solved the first Chapter). Before Chapter 1, there is a Reward Chapter but which will only be unlocked when you get the first character achievement (You will get this quite fast with the first character “Qui -Gon Jinn”). the Reward Chapters has its own bonus levels for each character . Before you can play each character in the Reward Chapter, you have to get respective character achievement to unlock the charakter level. Further chapters are not available at the moment.
– In the purchasing menu, you can view each character’s skills. Go to the menu item “All Characters” and then to the bottom right of each figure, then press the “?” button. After that you will see a little animation that shows the skill and applicability.
– It is also possible to see the character skill in the level you play at the moment. To see it you need to press the pause button and press the “?” button below, then you’ll see a little animation that shows the skill and applicability.
– On Sale menu there are offers with discounts to some characters.
– In the bundles menu, there are a couple of packs which contain several characters at a cheaper price than if you buy them individually.
– Down in the menu in the center there is a medals icon. If you press it, you will see which achievements (This Chapter , Characters and Overall) are available.
– The dark side of the Force will be unlocked when you collect 20 stars, but you achieve this by using the “Qui-Gon Jinn” character and other quite fast in the first levels. Once you unlock the dark side you can play new pork characters and earn their achievements. With the Pork Side you get different levels and therefore tasks.
– At the top level menu on the left there are 4 buttons (pause , character selection , telepods , shop).
In the pause menu you can start the level over, jump into the main menu of the Chapter, turn the sound on and off, get a preview of the character abilities in an animation view. In the character selection menu you can get a limited number of other figures to choose, that exchange the current one in the level then use this to master the situation. With the Telepods button you can use the offline toys on the camera of the mobile device, then you will get some extra characters in the game (nice idea , unfortunately I couldn’t try this, because I did not have these tools with me). With the Store button you can buy more figures and gold coins.
– In the first level in Chapter 1, “Qui-Gon Jinn” is available as first Charakter. With him you have a good charakter to get through the first levels. Try the level as long as you can with him before you consider to buy more figures or select a character in the character selection button (extra characters are limited). You will get new characters anyway along the the game (eg. Obi Wan), that changes from level to level.
– You can repeat the level as often as you wan, which is not bad for a little grinding. The points you will collect are added to the existing ones. With this points you can get the corresponding achievements. In addition, with practice, you get the change to earn the full number of stars for the level
– Generally speaking, it is good if you look for objects with the most destruction power in the level, eg TNT boxes, trap doors on the ceiling filled with stones, magnets etc.. To know how to use the physics of the game, can bring you a lot of points and stars without using all characters. Each level has its own peculiarities.
– Save your acquired gold coins as long as possible and master as many levels as possible to figure out how the various figures can be best used in order to find the optimum. Then it is worth considering if you buy some characters for permanent use (although then you can use them only once per level, but permanently). Yoda and Darth Sidious are quite efficient as charakters and are worth considering for permanent use!
– Yoda is one of the best characters , depending on what level you use him. If his ability is activated, he rotates around himself with an activated lightsaber and jumps around. He then bounces a lot from the walls he hits. This ability is especially good in small enclosed levels where it causes the most destruction. But also in somewhat larger levels the skill can be good sometimes, but unfortunately this skill is somewhat uncontrollable.
– Jar Jar Bings actually belongs to the better characters . Although its purchase value is the cheapest. IMHO his ability is worth a lot. With his tongue he can stick himself on each item. This is often useful if you want to get to otherwise inaccessible places. You can fix him on an object on the ceiling, for example a rock, he then swings around it as long as he touches an object. Or you can stick his tongue on a movable TNT box, this moves the TNT box along wiht Jar Jar Bings to cause more damage. Quite a useful character.
– There are a number of items that do not belong to the primary target, for example, Catapults which can shoot big purple balls, or there are magnets in various sizes.
Catapults can be enabled, by cutting the string of the catapult. Just plan to use the abilities of your character accordingly. The advantage of the purple balls on the catapults are that they can destroy just about anything like almost every object, even stones. This can be very essential if you are trying to achieve three stars in every level.
Magnets attract all metalic objects and platforms. These affects mainly on characters of the Pork Side. You can use the magnetic property on one’s own character to steer, or you cut the chain of the magnets so they fall down or move to the next metallic platform. They can destroy many objects on their way, including the enemy characters. You can also just swing the magnet around so it can pick up all kinds of objects and destroy them. The magnet is not always easy to handle, but often useful.
– After a while when you know how all the characters work, you can create your ultimate team. You can combine characters of the good and the dark side of the force. Why not? Just put Yoda and Darth Sidous in a team and be happy 😉
All in all it is a successful sequel of its predecessor. There are plenty of pretty levels which motivate to solve the tricky puzzles. Some player skills are required, but that’s what we are looking for. The possibility to play through the gloomy Porklevels, gives the whole game an additional value. Have fun while aiming 🙂
The following is a list of characters and their cost is in the shop
|CHARAKTER NAME||PREIS||WITH GOLDCOINS|
|BIRD SIDE||Price +10||Price +30||Price +100||Permanent|
|Jar Jar Binks||70||130||250||1000|
|Anakin Episode I||300||400||600||1200|
|Anakin Episode II||500||1000||1500||2250|
|PORK SIDE||Price +10||Price +30||Price +100||Permanent|
|Anakin Episode III||750||1500||2000||3350|
|TIE Fighter Pilot||100||200||500||1000|